Friday 25 September 2015

WILL YOUR ANCHOR HOLD?




A peculiar hymn has been on my mind for weeks. I don't fancy hymns, but when your parents have a baptist background, and a couple of family devotions follow with the words " Go bring the baptist hymnals in my shelf, I feel we should sing a hymn". Then we end up singing 1, 2...3 or more hymns. You've got no choice but to endure. (Lol!)


Seeing the smiles on my parents face, the looks of remembrance and listening to the explanations they give about the background and meaning of each hymn, I learnt to appreciate hymns. Hymns do have deep piercing words, that re-connects you to God.  It molds and encourages. Often times theirs a story behind every written hymns.

The hymn "WILL YOUR ANCHOR HOLD" has been springing up daily from my spirit and has led me to ask, "Will Your Anchor Hold In The Storms Of Life?" We must be firmly rooted and grounded in God's word and love. So that this times of trial and coming trails won't drift us from our sole purpose. Which is to stand firm still the end, that we may be with Him eternally.

Listen and Meditate on the lyrics of this song and please ask yourself- Will My Anchor Hold?


I Love You & God Bless You
@Tourpaline

3 comments:

  1. Hymns touch the soul and lifts your spirit directly to the divine. The words are deep and full of insight, refreshing the soul. Wish I could download this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really inspiring. Wish I could download the song. Hymns are more inspiring,lifitng the soul and bringing serenity to your spirit. This is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kayfaith. Very true. I'll send you a direct message with a link to download the audio

    ReplyDelete